Saturday, June 19, 2010

All Packed!

What a day. I started packing this morning but soon realized that no matter how I tried my clothes were not going to fit. I did a quick trip to the mall and found a nice wheeled duffle at Ross for $25.. (score!) but also picked up a cute carry on bag, a new pair of Teva sandals and a cute little dress. After grabbing a quick bite at Jimmy Johns and depositing some checks into the bank, I came home and finished laundry. Everything fits into the new duffle......just barely. I likely could have got rid of a few things but hey the bag is zipped and ready to go. I checked in for my 10:30 flight online and paid the $23 to check my bag. I know I know. It sucks but totally worth not having to wear the same underwear twice. :) The weather forecast for DC tomorrow is 95 degrees. Quite the change from the balmy 65 degrees in Seattle. I realized I made no plans for the early afternoon tomorrow. I will see how it feels and either spend the time in Museum of Natural History (air conditioned) or maybe go to the national zoo. I am meeting my good friend Eloise for a nice sushi dinner in the Dupont neighborhood at 5. She graduated from the UW MLIS program last year. We used to go to lunch weekly and I am looking forward to catching up with her. Well I am off to take a shower and make some turkey burgers for dinner. Then off to the airport where the adventures begin. Talk to you when I land on the other side of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment